Hyland Cyclery Employee Product Picks


Our employees use what we sell and ride a lot. They are a great resource when it comes to product testing and knowing which items you'll love. Every month we will assign them to find a stand out product that we will showcase here on our blog. The following are this months stand out employee picks.

Franklin's Pick-

Bontrager Rhythm Shorts

One of the most import things to an enjoyable bike ride is comfortable clothing. The Bontrager Rhythm shorts are the glue that keep me comfortable and on my saddle longer.

At the heart of the Rhythm shorts is a removable chamois under short that gives the right amount of support and cushioning that let you sit without discomfort. The shorts themselves have a total of 6 pockets; 3 of which have zippers to keep your belongings secure. The built in velcro belt is adjustable for a perfect fit. The fabric is durable, non restrictive, breaths well and dries quickly. From all day mountain expeditions to commuting and casual wear, these shorts are perfect.

The Rhythm shorts retail for $89.99. They are available in men's and women's sizes XS to XXXL with multiple color options. I promise you these are the best pair of shorts you'll ever own and Bontrager will back me up with a 30 day unconditional comfort guarantee. That's right, use them for up to 30 days and if you don't like them, return them for a full refund. I believe buying the Bontrager Rhythm shorts is the best money spent and for me was quite literally the equivalent of buying happiness.

Gavin's Pick-

Bontrager Sport Neoprene  Booties


I typically ride year round and I have found the Bontrager Booties are key to staying warm.  Utah winters can be very snowy and the roads are often slushy, the Bontrager Booties will keep your feet dry and you happy. 

The Bontrager Booties are made of a durable neoprene with zippers on the back that make them easy to take on and off. One of my favorite features is how the keep my shoes dry. This allows me to wear the shoes I need or want for work or other occasions.

I've found that with the right gear you can make winter riding just as enjoyable as any other time of the year. So if you are thinking about riding year round I highly recommended using the Bontrager Booties paired with a good skull cap and good gloves!

Britton's Pick- 

Swiftwick Pursuit Wool Sock


The Pursuit wool socks from Swiftwick are my go to socks and are definitely one of my favorite articles of active clothing. There is nothing worse than being on the bike for multiple hours with a wet, cold and uncomfortable feet.

The Pursuit wool socks contains 67% Merino Wool which is incredibly moisture wicking and antibacterial. I never have to worry about stinky, sweaty feet. The sock is also constructed with 4% spandex classifying them as a compression sock that reduces swelling and improves blood circulation during and after the ride. 

I have literally put this sock through the ringer, running a half marathon in the rain, hiking 6 miles in a foot of snow, and biking hour upon hour in all conditions. Every time I wear these socks I am more than satisfied, they keep my feet comfortable and warm. I promise once you put on a pair of Swiftwick Pursuit socks you will never want to take them off.

Steve's Pick-

Bontrager Ride Wallet



When I ride I often carry my phone and a credit card loosely in a jersey pocket always worried I might lose one or get caught in an unexpected rain storm leading to a damaged phone. 

The Bontrager Ride Wallet is a very simple yet very effective item to keep your phone and valuables dry and out of the elements. This waterproof case will keep your phone dry in the heaviest of rainfall while still allowing your touch screen and calling to work.

I use the Bontrager Ride Wallet to protect my phone and keep a my credit card safe while on the road. For only $16 something so simple gives me extra confidence that my phone is protected from rainfall or a sweaty back and is well worth every penny.  



Cyclists love socks and Swiftwick socks are my favorite sock to wear day to day and commute in.

The Swiftwick Vision Argyle socks are both stylish and practical. Their tight fitting compression helps blood flow and keeps my feet feeling fresh, while the argyle accents are nice touch in style.

Swiftwicks socks are my favorite sock for riding and daily use. Come in and try a pair and you'll see what all the buzz is about.

Hyland Cyclery Salt Lake City, Utah

Comments